What it's all about

What it's all about
7 Boys coming to accept Christ as their Savior :D

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Camp Connections and Lots of Prayer Needed

Well the last 4 (or 5) days were spent being a house mother for Jerry's kids while the staff got
time off to celebrate Nadaam as I mentioned before. Mom and I took care of his 10 girls, and
Dad and Kari cared for his 16 boys. We switched off staying in their bashins every night
waking them up, feeding them meals, teaching them little lessons of sports, art, music,
science, and Bible stories on the fruit of the Spirit. One of the hardest lessons to teach, as is
for any child, is obedience. In my opinion, I think most of the regular house mom's don't
enforce many rules because it's just an easier job that way. For the girls, Mom and I made a
chart that reminded me fondly of The Legend of Zelda. Each girl receives 5 heart for each
day. Whenever they exhibited disobedience, they lost a heart which meant they lost 20
minutes of free time. Understanding that the language barrier is high, it had to be understood
on both sides that something that seems like disobedience may just be misunderstanding.
Luckily we had Rose and Kate who are in their fifth year of English in school so we weren't
totally without. Without those girls, we would have been practically helpless. If a girl lost all
their hearts, they lost all there free time for that day. If no hearts were lost for a girl, the
received a piece of gum at the end of the day. If no one ever loses all their hearts for a whole
day, the girls would get a big surprise the last night we had them, including nutella covered
cookies, dried fruits, nuts, kool aid, and watching finding nemo. Even though its in English,
they really get into the action. The girls reached their big surprise and enjoyed every bit of it.

Those 4 days reminded me so much of being a coach at camp. I feel like I've performed every
role possible that runs at camp here this summer, leadership, registrar, support and
encouragement, and coach. It blows my mind. God has prepared me for everything I was
needed for here. Now, I'm facing a battle I'm going to have to trust Him fully with. The last
night I stayed with the girls, I started to vomit once an hour starting at 1:15 am until 8:15 am. I
felt so miserable that I wanted any relief. I was really considering a visit to a doctor here, but
Mom and Dad were very wary of the idea. The best thing for me would be to have an IV, but
the medical told us how doctors here, reuse needles. Even when they are sealed, you don't
have any way to tell if its brand new and unused. So Mom and Dad have been caring for me,
and i was able to slowly take in ice chips, teaspoons of sprite, and little saltines. By 8:30 pm
however, i vomited again after trying to get up to brush my teeth. Then I slept for 10 hours,
and here I am, in bed, having to start over with ice chips. Pray for a quick recovery. Other
people here are also sick but not as much I seem to be.

Also pray for Life Qwest and other Christian organizations here. There has been clear attacks
by anti-Christianity politicians that went on TV and said that the politicians that support and
protect these organizations have been accepting bribes. Satan can attack in big ways but
God is always in control. Pray that this obstacle will be dealt with, and pray for the window
for Christians to stay active in Mongolia stay open as long as possible. Only about a week is
planned to have left here on this side of the globe. Pray also that God will use us well in our
last days here this year. Pray for relationships to grow, and show the fruit of the Spirit in all of us.
~Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment