What it's all about

What it's all about
7 Boys coming to accept Christ as their Savior :D

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Tskterrrrrrrr, Tsaan Trip

Well, as I mentioned before, our new jobs this week is to travel with the medical team that have come from the Plymoth Park Baptist Church from Irving, Texas. The first trip taken since camp was completed, I had to miss because of bad feeling in my stomach. To quote Boston, it was more than a feeling. So I stayed back for a sick day and thus do not have much to say about that day besides that the commentary for Gladiator is alright.
So the next day I felt much better and ready to travel to what we were told was the farthest village we'd be traveling to. Basically, 2 hours north from Khongor so it was almost to the border of Russia. Well, we piled in the vans, being told that half the trip will be on the black top road and the other half on a dirt road. 2 hours past and we were still on the black top. Another hour on the black top and we reached the dirt road. None of the Mustangs had been to this village. No one had, except our driver who was leading the caravan because he had family in Tskterrrrrr *roll the r for 2-3 seconds*. As we drove on the dirt road, it became to feel like the tea cups from Disney world. The road was wide enough for 2 lanes but was filled with plenty of dips and mud pits the driver tried to avoid. We basically drove in in an S shape the entire way there...for 3 more hours. I was sitting in the front seat, I don't ever get motion sicknes, and I even felt so sick that I was hanging my head out the window. Once we got to Tskter at 1pm, it was perhaps the most beautiful countryside I had ever seen in my life. I had never been to a Taige ecosystem in the summer. The mountains, pine trees, wildflowers were all beautiful. In the little time we had to work there, 57 people were seen by the doctors and with the mini camp we had set up, 6 kids accepted Christ! I'm not sure how many did on the first day. It was just an awesome experience. Tsaan is known as the planting state because of its agricultural development. I would love to go back there again. The governor of Tsaan came to thank us for coming and hopes to work with us more in the future.
On the road back, we hurried to get back to the black top before dark. Our van was in front again and the only car trouble we had was that the engine seemed to quit on us for a bit. Boogii worked his magic and got it running. In the stop, Suki went out into the forest, picked up a red flower with a bulb-like root. Here is how the conversation went:

Suki: Eat! Its a potatoe.

Me: You sure? It looks like an onion.

NO! potatoe!

*as I peel the bulb like an onion* I really think its an onion.

No, this is a Mongolian potatoe.

Suki, I study plants. I'm pretty sure this is not a potatoe.

No, No, I know Mongolian plants. It's potatoe.
Anyways, we are still arguing about the root type controversy. We travelled on to pick up a boy that was walking on to a village we had to pass to go home. We took him into town, dropped him off at a convinient store that his family owned. We were able to buy ice cream there. :) My stomach was already beginning to feel just as nauseus as I did on the way up, and I really did not feel good enough to eat it. But it was melting so I decided to indulge. I think the bases in the milk really settled out my acidity in stomach. I felt like I could ride on the top of the van. We eventually got back by 11pm. We enjoyed the trip, and hope to go back for 2 or 3 days at a time. The long drive was unexpected but so were the blessings.

~Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment